These are the audition requirements for the all-state bands that will audition in September 2021 and perform in January 2022.
Corrections and Clarifications
Check this section often in the event we need to make corrections or clarifications to the requirements
- 4/30/2021 - Symphonic WW - corrected chromatic scale tempo and alto sax technical etude
- 4/30/2021 - Symphonic Brass/Perc - corrected chromatic scale tempo
- 5/3/2021 - See this list of exercise changes, tempo updates, and clarifications
- 5/17/2021 - H.S. Jazz - Etude Names added to the requirements list because page numbers may not be the same in the digital version of the book.
- 6/23/2021 - Symphonic Tuba - Lyrical Etude published misprint: The sixteenth-note triplet in m. 4 should be a 32nd-note triplet
- Pay close attention to the specific editions of the books that are used for the requirements.
- Repeats, D.S. and D.C. should be performed unless otherwise noted on the requirements.
- Grade levels indicated refer to the grade the student will be in during the 2021-2022 school year.
Middle School (7th-8th grade) Band
Concert (9th-10th grade) Woodwinds
Concert (9th-10th grade) Brass & Percussion
Symphonic (11th-12th grade) Woodwinds
Symphonic (11th-12th grade) Brass & Percussion
Piano (9th-12th grade)
High School Jazz (9th-12th grade)
Middle School Jazz (7th-8th grade)
Middle School Jazz Etudes: