These are the audition requirements for the all-state bands that will audition in September 2020 and perform in January 2021.
Corrections and Clarifications
Check this section often in the event we need to make corrections or clarifications to the requirements
- [5/18/2020] Middle School Saxophones - Lyrical exercise should be played with no repeats
- [6/30/2020] Middle School Trumpets - Technical exercise: quarter note = 80
- [7/16/2020] Due to uncertainties surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and school openings, the following changes have been made:
- Timpani is no longer a requirement for percussion auditions
- Sight-Reading will no longer be a part of any audition
- Auditions will be held virtually. Details will be provided to directors soon.
- Pay close attention to the specific editions of the books that are used for the requirements.
- Repeats, D.S. and D.C. should be performed unless otherwise noted on the requirements.
- Grade levels indicated refer to the grade the student will be in during the 2020-2021 school year.
Middle School (7th-8th grade) Band
Concert (9th-10th grade) Woodwinds
Concert (9th-10th grade) Brass & Percussion
Symphonic (11th-12th grade) Woodwinds
Symphonic (11th-12th grade) Brass & Percussion
Piano (9th-12th grade)
High School Jazz:
Middle School Jazz: