This upcoming summer, 7th grade band students throughout Florida will have the opportunity to perform as members of the FBA 2023 Seven Star Honor Band during the annual Florida Bandmasters Association summer conference.
Conference Dates: June 26 - 28, 2023
Conference Hotel/Rehearsal Location:
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld
10100 International Dr
Orlando, FL 32821
2023 Seven Star Conductor: Jim Matthews, retired (Titusville, FL)
Directors are able to complete their nomination form through MPA Online in the same fashion as the Middle School Honors Band nomination form. Once students are accepted into the ensemble, the director will be responsible for registering students/chaperones as part of their FBA Summer Conference registration (available on the FBA website soon). The cost will be $20.00 per accepted student and $15.00 per chaperone. At least one registered chaperone is needed per school in addition to the school's Band Director.
- The Director must be a current member of the FBA and attend the FBA Summer Conference (June 26-28, 2023) if students are selected.
- The Director may nominate up to five students. Please include color instruments in your selection.
- Nomination forms must be sent to the address listed in the nomination form generated in MPA Online.
- No payment is needed upfront. Registration of accepted students and chaperones will be included as a part of the Director's registration form for the FBA Summer Conference. Accepted students are $20.00 each and chaperones are $15.00 each. Each school must have at least one registered chaperone beyond the Director.
- You are encouraged to make hotel reservations at the conference hotel for your students and chaperones at the convention rate utilizing the FBA Web Site.
- Any questions should be directed to Angela Pagunsan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must be currently in the 7th grade in your band program during the 2022-2023 school year.
- Director must be a current member of the FBA and attend Summer Convention if student(s) are selected.
- Director must submit a brief description for each student nominated stating the student's musical aptitude, achievements, etc. in the space provided on the nomination form. Student’s solo/ensemble evaluation, band’s MPA evaluation will be considered, as will individual music awards, honors, and achievements.
- The Director may nominate UP TO FIVE STUDENTS, ranked in order of performance ability.
- Deadline is April 15. Incomplete, incorrect, or late nomination forms will not be considered.
- A $20 fee will be charged upon notice of acceptance INTO the ensemble, included with your Summer Conference Registration.
- All accepted participants must complete and return a Seven Star Participant Contract.
Nomination Forms and Participant contracts are generated through MPA Online. Login and click "Seven Star Honor Band Nominations."