This upcoming summer, 9th grade band students throughout Florida will have the opportunity to perform as members of the FBA 2017 Nine Star Honor Band. This year, the band will be conducted by Dr. Matthew McCutchen from the University of South Florida.
Directors will be able to complete their nomination form through MPA Online in the same fashion as the High School Honors Band nomination form. Once students are accepted into the ensemble, the director will be responsible for registering students/chaperones as part of their FBA Summer Conference registration (available on the FBA website soon). The cost will be $10.00 per accepted student and $15.00 per chaperone. At least one registered chaperone is needed per school in addition to the school's Band Director.
- The Director must be a current member of the FBA and attend the FBA Summer Conference (July 18-19) if students are selected.
- The Director may nominate up to five students. Please include color instruments in your selection.
- Nomination forms must be sent to the address listed in the nomination form generated in MPA Online.
- Your Concert Band MPA ratings need to be included on the nomination form. More than half of the districts have completed their Concert Band Music Performance Assessments and directors in these districts are able to submit their nomination forms at this time!
- Student must be currently in the 9th grade in your band program during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Director must be a current member of the FBA and attend Summer Convention if student(s) are selected.
- Director must submit a brief description for each student nominated stating student’s musical aptitude, achievements, etc. in the space provided on the nomination form. Student’s solo/ensemble evaluation, band’s MPA evaluation will be considered, as will individual music awards, honors, and achievements.
- The Director may nominate UP TO FIVE STUDENTS, ranked in order of performance ability.
- Deadline is April 10. Incomplete, incorrect, or late nomination forms will not be considered.
- A $10 fee will be charged upon notice of acceptance INTO the ensemble, included with your Summer Conference Registration.
- All accepted participants must complete and return a Nine Star Participant Contract.
Nomination Forms and Participant contracts are generated through MPA Online. Login and click "Nine Star Honor Band Nominations."